• Recipient of the 1st prize at the Open Valeria Barsova Vocalists’ Competition in Sochi (2008);
• Recipient of the 2nd Grand-prix at the Concours International Chant de Toulouse (2012);
• Finalist at Plácido Domingo’s Operalia competition in Verona (2013);
• Recipient of the 4th prize and Special Award for the best performance of Russian music at the International Francisco Viñas Vocalists’ Competition (2014)
• Recipient of the 1st prize and Audience Award at the Hans Habor Belvedere Competition in Düsseldorf (2014)
In 2009 Irina Churilova graduated from the Novosibirsk State Glinka Conservatoire (class of Zinaida Didenko). Has taken part in master-classes given by Diane Zola and Montserrat Caballé and trained under Enza Ferrari.
Since 2008 she has been a soloist with the Novosibirsk State Academic Opera and Ballet Theatre.
Made her Mariinsky Theatre debut in 2013, appearing as Marguerite in the premiere of a new production of Faust. Since then she has regularly appeared in St Petersburg. Has sung in Mariinsky Theatre premieres of the operas The Queen of Spades (2015), Simon Boccanegra (2016) and I vespri siciliani (2017). For the role of Liza in The Queen of Spades she received a nomination for Russia's Golden Mask theatre prize.
Repertoire at the Mariinsky Theatre includes:
Liza (The Queen of Spades)
Tatiana (Eugene Onegin)
Tsaritsa Militrisa (The Tale of Tsar Saltan)
Fevroniya (The Legend of the Invisible City of Kitezh and the Maiden Fevroniya)
Leonora (Il trovatore)
Elena (I vespri siciliani)
Amelia Grimaldi (Simon Boccanegra)
Elisabeth de Valois (Don Carlo)
Mimì (La bohème)
Repertoire also includes: Zemfira (Aleko), Urusova (Boyarina Morozova), Katya (The Passenger), Musetta (La Bohème), Nedda (I pagliacci), Gerda (The Story of Kai and Gerda).
Irina Churilova has appeared in tour performances by the Mariinsky Opera in Baden-Baden (The Queen of Spades), Tokyo (Don Carlo) and Shanghai (The Queen of Spades). Last season she appeared with the Mariinsky Orchestra in Pamplona (Mahler's Symphony No 2).
As a guest soloist she also performs at Russia's Bolshoi Theatre. In 2012 she was invited by Montserrat Caballé to take part in her anniversary concert at the Gran Teatre del Liceu.
In the 2016-17 season she made her debuts as Norma at the Oper Graz and as Aida at the Arena di Verona festival.