• Grand-prix at the St Petersburg All-Russian Open Opera Singers’ Competition (2007)
• Grand-prix at the I International Pavel Lisitsian Baritones’ Competition (2008)
• Recipient of the 1st prize at the II International Galina Vishnevskaya Opera Singers’ Competition (2008)
• Recipient of the 2nd prize at the International Young Opera Singers’ Competition in Spain (2009)
• Recipient of the 1st prize at the VII International Elena Obraztsova Young Opera Singers’ Competition (2009)
• Recipient of the 3rd prize at the International Francesc Viñas Competition (Barcelona, 2011)
• Grand-prix at the Monte Carlo Voice Masters International Vocalists’ Competition (Monaco, 2011)
• Recipient of the 1st prize at the Competizione dell’opera international opera competition (Germany, Moscow, 2011)
• Recipient of the 3rd prize at the XX Operalia International Competition (Beijing, 2012)
• Recipient of the 2nd prize at the Hans Gabor Belvedere International Singers’ Competition (Amsterdam, 2013)
Studied at the Novosibirsk Glinka Conservatoire (2003–2005, class of Vladimir Prudnik, Honoured Artist of Russia) before transferring, in 2005, to the St Petersburg Rimsky-Korsakov Conservatoire from which he graduated in 2008 (class of Vladimir Vaneyev, People’s Artist of Russia). In 2009 he trained on the Young Opera Singers programme at the Accademia Nazionale di Santa Cecilia (Rome, Italy).
Soloist at St Petersburg’s Mikhailovsky Theatre from 2006-2011.
Soloist with the Novosibirsk Theatre of Opera and Ballet since 2009.
Repertoire at the Mariinsky Theatre includes:
Belcore (L’elisir d’amore)
Rangoni (Boris Godunov)
Count di Luna (Il trovatore)
Venetian Guest (Sadko)
Silvio, Tonio (Pagliacci)
Eugene Onegin (Eugene Onegin)
Robert, Ibn-Hakia (Iolanta)
Count Tomsky, Zlatogor (The Queen of Spades)
Tsarev (Semyon Kotko)
Don Ferdinand (Betrothal in a Monastery)
Don Carlo (La forza del destino)
Igor Svyatoslavich (Prince Igor)
Giorgio Germont (La traviata)
Simon Boccanegra, Paolo Albiani (Simon Boccanegra)
High Priest of Dagon (Samson et Dalila)
Michonnet (Adriana Lecouvreur)
Alberich (Siegfried, Götterdämmerung)
Renato (Un ballo in maschera)
Repertoire also includes: Prince Yeletsky (The Queen of Spades), Shchelkalov (Boris Godunov), Fyodor Poyarok (The Legend of the Invisible City of Kitezh and the Maiden Fevronia), Bubentsov (Moscow, Cheryomushki), Aegisthus (The Oresteia) and Alfio (Cavalleria rusticana).
Roman Burdenko has appeared as a guest soloist at theatres throughout Europe and the USA. Roles he has performed include Ford in Falstaff at the Glyndebourne Festival (UK, 2013), Marcello in La Bohème (Komishe Oper Berlin, 2013), the Conte di Luna in Il trovatore (Kansas, USA, 2012), Enrico in Lucia di Lammermoor (Palm Beach, USA, and Valladolid, Spain, 2012), Paolo Albiani in Simon Boccanegra (Strasbourg, France, 2010 and Santiago de Chile, 2011) and Tonio in I pagliacci and Alfio in Cavalleria rusticana (Santiago de Chile, 2010).
For the role of Prince Igor he was nominated for Russia’s national Golden Mask theatre award in the category “Best Male Role in Opera” (Novosibirsk Theatre of Opera and Ballet, 2010). Took part in a tour by the Novosibirsk Theatre of Opera and Ballet, performing the title role in the opera Prince Igor (Seoul Center for Culture, South Korea) and as Escamillo in Carmen (Bangkok Art and Culture Centre, Thailand).