• Prize-winner of the 51st International Singing Competition of Toulouse (3rd prize, 2016)
• Prize-winner at the 4th All-Russian Nadezhda Obukhova Young Vocalists Competition. (1st prize, Lipetsk, 2016)
• Prize-winner and diploma recipient at the XV International Tchaikovsky Competition (4th prize, 2015)
• Prize-winner at the I International Young Opera Singers’ Competition Opera without Borders (Krasnodar, 2014, Grand Prix)
• Prize-winner at the III International Maxim Mikhailov Young Opera Singers’ Competition (Kaluga, 2013, 1st prize)
• Prize-winner at the III International Pavel Lisitsian Competition (Vladikavkaz, 2013, 2nd prize)
Antonina Vesenina was born in Voronezh. She graduated from the Voronezh State Academy of Arts where she studied with Natalia Savitskaya. Then she was a soloist with the St Petersburg Chamber Opera where she performed the roles of Gilda in Rigoletto, Genovieffa in Suor Angelica and Lucia in The Rape of Lucretia. She joined the Mariinsky Academy of Young Opera Singers in 2011 and in 2014 made her debut in Mariinsky as the Queen of the Night.
Antonina Vesenina has performed at the Bolshoi Theatre, Staatsoper Hamburg, Deutsche Oper Berlin, Komische Oper Berlin, Semperoper Dresden, Théâtre du Capitole Toulouse.
In october 2018 she made her Bolshoi Theatre debut appearing as Rosina in new production of Il barbiere di Siviglia.
Repertoire at the Mariinsky Theatre:
Antonida (A Life for the Tsar)
The Snow Maiden (The Snow Maiden)
Swan Princess (The Tale of Tsar Saltan)
Queen of Shemakha (The Golden Cockerel)
The Princess Unearthly-Beauty (Kashchey the Immortal)
Ilia (Idomeneo, re di Creta)
Donna Anna (Don Giovanni)
Mademoiselle Silberklang (Der Schauspieldirektor)
Queen of the Night (Die Zauberflöte)
Rosina (Il barbiere di Siviglia)
Norina (Don Pasquale)
Adele (Die Fledermaus)
Teresa (Benvenuto Cellini)
Olympia (Les Contes d'Hoffmann)
In concert performances:
Maria Mironova (The Captain's Daughter)
Elisa (Il re pastore)
Clorinda (La Cenerentola)
Giulia (La scala di seta)
Beatrice di Tenda (Beatrice di Tenda)
Linda (Linda di Chamounix)
Countess Olga Sukarev (Fedora)
La Fée (Cendrillon)
The singer regularly performs in the Academy concert programmes including concerts abroad: in Great Britain, Italy, Austria, France, and Spain.
Antonina Vesenina has taken part in master-classes given by Elena Obraztsova, Larisa Gergieva, Grayr Khanedanyan and Gegham Grigorian.