• Diploma recipient at the 16th International Tchaikovsky Competition (Moscow – St Petersburg, 2019)
• Diploma recipient at the 26th International Glinka Competition of Vocalists (Kazan, 2019)
• Prize-winner at the 5th International B.T. Shtokolov Vocal Competition (St Petersburg, 2016; 1st prize)
• Recipient of a special prize at the 20th Competizione dell’Opera (Moscow, 2016)
• Diploma recipient at the 10th Elena Obraztsova International Competition of Young Opera Singers (St Petersburg, 2015; special prize for a performance of a chamber work)
• Prize-winner at the 6th International Competition St Petersburg in the Mirror of World Musical Culture (2014; 1st prize)
• Prize-winner at the 13th International Competition of Young Vocalists for the Olga Sosnovskaya Prize (Petrozavodsk, 2013; Grand Prix)
Gleb Peryazev was born in Irkutsk in 1994. First singing lessons took from Honoured Artist of Russia Nikolai Proshin in Irkutsk. Then studied under Vladimir Vaneyev at the Herzen State Pedagogical University of Russia (St Petersburg; 2016 – bachelor’s degree, 2018 – master’s degree).
From 2015 to 2017 perfected his skills at the Elena Obraztsova International Academy of Music (St Petersburg).
In 2016 Gleb made his Mariinsky Theatre debut as December in the opera A Christmas Tale. In 2017 he performed the role of a Servant in Macbeth at the Staatsoper Hamburg, a few months later he took part in the Salzburg Festival’s Young Singers Project and made his festival debut as the Steward (Lady Macbeth of Mtsensk) and as Don Apostolo Gazella in concert performances of Lucrezia Borgia.
Guest appearances in the 2017–18 season included Quinault (Adriana Lecouvreur) during the Mariinsky’s visit to Baden-Baden, Colline (La Bohème) with the Greek National Opera in Athens, the bass solo in Verdi’s Requiem at the Brucknerhaus Linz and Narumov (The Queen of Spades) at the Salzburg Festival. He has sung at Rimini’s Teatro Amintore Galli, the Philharmonie de Paris, Beijing’s National Centre for the Performing Arts and Nanjing’s Jiangsu Grand Theatre.
Since December 2021 he has been a fellow of the Atkins Young Artists Program at the Mariinsky Theatre.
Repertoire at the Mariinsky Theatre:
Ruslan (Ruslan and Lyudmila)
Storm-Bogatyr (Kashchey the Immortal)
Shrovetide (The Snow Maiden)
Patsyuk (Christmas Eve)
Lauret (The Maid of Orleans)
A Soldier (The Maid of Orleans, concert performance)
Kichiga (The Enchantress)
Faust (The Fiery Angel)
Non-Commissioned Police Officer (Lady Macbeth of Mtsensk)
Dolokhov (War and Peace)
December (A Christmas Tale)
Figaro (Le nozze di Figaro)
Alcalde (La forza del destino)
Samuel (Un ballo in maschera)
Pietro (Simon Boccanegra)
Colline (La Bohème)
Jake Wallace (La fanciulla del West)
Quinault (Adriana Lecouvreur)
Donner (Das Rheingold)
The King’s Herald (Lohengrin)
Schlémil, Lindorf (Les Contes d’Hoffmann)
First Nazarene (Salome)
He has sung at the premiere of The Snow Maiden (2020).
Repertoire also includes the roles of Cesare Angelotti (Tosca), Vasily Sobakin (The Tsar’s Bride), King René (Iolanta), Aleko and the Old Gypsy (Aleko), Prince Gremin (Eugene Onegin) and the Commendatore (Don Giovanni).
Information for January 2022