Mariinsky Theatre Guest Soloist
• Prize-winner at the V International Shtokolov Vocalists' Competition (St Petersburg, 2016, 1st prize)
• Prize-winner at the VI International Competition St Petersburg in the Mirror of World Musical Culture (St Petersburg, 2014, 1st prize)
• Recipient of the Grand Prix at the XIII International Young Vocalists' Competition for the Olga Sosnovskaya Prize (Petrozavodsk, 2013)
• Diploma-recipient at the X International Elena Obraztsova Young Opera Singers' Competition (St Petersburg, 2015, special prize for a performance of a chamber work)
• Recipient of a special prize at the Competizione dell'Opera (Moscow, 2016)
Born in Irkutsk in 1994. First singing lessons took from Honoured Artist of Russia Nikolai Proshin in Irkutsk. Then studied under Vladimir Vaneyev at the Russian State Herzen Pedagogical University (2016–bachelor's degree, 2018–master's degree).
From 2015 to 2017 perfected his skills at the Elena Obraztsova International Academy of Music.
In 2016 Gleb made his Mariinsky Theatre debut as December in the opera A Christmas Tale. In 2017 he took part in the Salzburg Festival's Young Singers Project and made his festival debut as the Steward (Lady Macbeth of Mtsensk) and as Apostolo Gazella in concert performances of Lucrezia Borgia.
Guest appearances in 2017/18 included Quinault (Adriana Lecouvreur) during the Mariinsky’s visit to Baden-Baden, Colline (La bohème) with the Greek National Opera in Athens, the bass solo in Verdi’s Requiem at the Bruckner House in Linz and Narumov (The Queen of Spades) at the Salzburg Festival.
Repertoire at the Mariinsky Theatre:
Ruslan (Ruslan and Lyudmila)
Storm-Bogatyr (Kashchey the Immortal)
The Shrovetide Straw-Dummy (The Snow Maiden)
Patsyuk (Christmas Eve)
Soldier, Lauret (The Maid of Orleans in concert)
Kichiga (The Enchantress)
Johann Faust (The Fiery Angel)
Non-Commissioned Police Officer (Lady Macbeth of Mtsensk)
Dolokhov (War and Peace)
December (A Christmas Tale)
Figaro (Le nozze di Figaro)
Alcalde (La forza del destino)
Pietro (Simon Boccanegra)
Colline (La bohème)
Jake Wallace (La fanciulla del West)
Quinault (Adriana Lecouvreur)
Donner (Das Rheingold)
The King’s Herald (Lohengrin)
Schlémil (Les Contes D’Hoffmann)
First Nazarene (Salome)
Information for April 2021