• Prize-winner at the XVI International Tchaikovsky Competition (2019, 2nd prize)
• Prize-winner at the International Francisco Viñas Singing Contest (Barcelona, 2019, 1st prize)
• Prize-winner at the All-Russian Music Competition (2014, Moscow, 1st prize)
• Prize-winner at the Young Performers' Competition of the Rashit Vagapov International Tatar Song Festival (Kazan, 2015, 1st prize)
• Prize-winner at the White Acacia international festival and competition of Russian romance (Yoshkar-Ola, 2009, 1st prize)
Aigul Khismatullina was born in Naberezhnye Chelny (Republic of Tatarstan). In 2014 she graduated from the Kazan State Zhiganov Conservatory (class of Klara Khayrutdinova), following which she undertook an assistant traineeship under Albina Shagimuratova (2014–2016). Since 2016 she has been a soloist at the Primorsky Stage of the Mariinsky Theatre in Vladivostok.
In 2017 she became a grant-recipient of the Atkins Young Artists Program Fellowship at the Mariinsky Theatre.
Made her Mariinsky Theatre debut as The Nightingale in Stravinsky's opera Le Rossignol.
Repertoire at the Mariinsky Theatre:
The Nightingale (Le Rossignol),
Lucia (Lucia di Lammermoor),
Lauretta (Gianni Schicchi),
Mélisande (Pelléas et Mélisande)
and the soprano roles in Orff's cantata Carmina Burana and Mahler's Eighth Symphony.
Repertoire also includes the roles of the Queen of the Night (Die Zauberflöte) and the Swan-Princess (The Tale of Tsar Saltan).
Information for June 2019