Mariinsky Theatre Guest Soloist
• Prize-winner at the 26th International Glinka Competition of Vocalists (Kazan, 2019; 4th prize)
• Prize-winner at the 2nd Meistersinger von Nürnberg Singing Competition (2018; 2nd prize)
• Prize-winner at the 10th International Vocal Contest named after Zara Dolukhanova Amber Nightingale (Kaliningrad, 2016; 2nd prize)
• Prize-winner at the 7th International Vocal Competition of Jakub Pustina (Žďár nad Sázavou, Czech Republic, 2014; 1st prize)
• Prize-winner at the 8th Klaudia Taev Competition for Young Opera Singers (Pärnu, Estonia, 2013; 2nd prize)
• Prize-winner at the 6th International Competition for Young Musicians Musical Vladivostok (2010; 2nd prize)
Anna Denisova was born in Amur Region. In 2016 she graduated from the Rimsky-Korsakov St Petersburg State Conservatory (class of Svetlana Gorenkova), subsequently continuing as a postgraduate student at the conservatory.
Anna made her Mariinsky Theatre debut as Prilepa (The Queen of Spades) in 2015.
Repertoire at the Mariinsky Theatre:
Snow Maiden (The Snow Maiden)
Marfa (The Tsar’s Bride)
The Princess Unearthly-Beauty (Kashchey the Immortal)
Xenia (Boris Godunov, concert performance)
An Angel’s Voice (The Maid of Orleans, concert performance)
Prilepa, Masha (The Queen of Spades)
Dunyasha (War and Peace)
English Bride of the Lefthander, First Speaking Woman (The Lefthander)
Zamarashka (A Christmas Tale)
Mélisande (Pelléas et Mélisande)
Barbarina (Le nozze di Figaro)
Zerlina (Don Giovanni)
Sister Genovieffa, an Alms Sister (Suor Angelica)
A Lover (Il tabarro)
Mlle Jouvenot (Adriana Lecouvreur)
Klingsor’s Flower Maiden (Parsifal)
Adele (Die Fledermaus)
A Voice from Heaven (Don Carlo)
Solo soprano in Haydn’s Creation, Handel’s Messiah, Bach’s Mass in B minor, Orff’s Carmina Burana. Has sung in premiere performances of Mariinsky Theatre productions of Falstaff and The Tsar’s Bride (2018), The Snow Maiden (2020). Has toured with the Mariinsky Opera to Baden-Baden, Ljubljana, Shanghai, Harbin.
Anna appeared in productions of St Petersburg International All Together Opera Festival as Louisa in Betrothal in a Monastery (2016), Lyudmila in Ruslan and Lyudmila (2017). She also sung Violetta (La traviata) and Micaëla (Carmen) at the Theatre Vanemuine (Tartu, Estonia) under Erki Pehk. Her repertoire also includes the roles of Susanna (Le nozze di Figaro), Mimì (La Bohème), Lauretta (Gianni Schicchi), Sophie (Werther), Ilia (Idomeneo, re di Creta), Despina (Così fan tutte), Bastienne (Bastien und Bastienne), Helene (Hindemith’s Hin und zurück), the soprano part in Bach’s Magnificat and Saint-Saëns’ La Nuit.
Information for October 2021