• Prize-winner at the 1st Hibla Gerzmava International Opera Singers and Accompanists Competition (Moscow, 2023; 3rd prize)
• Recipient of the special prize “For the artistry” at the 8th Galina Vishnevskaya International Opera Singers’ Competition (Moscow, 2021)
• Prize-winner at the 11th International Vocalists’ Competition named after A.P. Ivanov, People’s Artist of the USSR (Tver, 2019; 1st prize)
• Diploma recipient at the 26th International Glinka Competition of Vocalists (Kazan, 2019)
• Winner of the Grand Prix at the 5th Natalia Shpiller International Vocalists’ Competition Masterpieces of Russian Music (Moscow, 2018)
• Prize-winner at the 20th Lydia Abramova Bella voce International Student Vocalists’ Competition (Moscow, 2014; 4th prize)
Yekaterina Savinkova was born in Tashkent. In 2018 she graduated from the Glinka Nizhny Novgorod State Conservatoire (class of Svetlana Livshina), in 2020 completing an assistant-traineeship at the Tchaikovsky Moscow State Conservatory (class of Lydia Chernykh). From 2014 to 2017 she was a trainee at the Galina Vishnevskaya Opera Centre, where she performed the roles of Marfa (The Tsar’s Bride), Gilda (Rigoletto) and Brigitta (Iolanta).
Has collaborated with the conductors Alexander Solovyov, Alexander Zhilenkov, Marco Boemi and Fabrizio Cassi among others.
In 2021 she became a fellow of the Atkins Young Artists Program at the Mariinsky Theatre. That same year she made her debut at the theatre, performing the part of Prilepa in The Queen of Spades.
Repertoire at the Mariinsky Theatre:
Lyudmila (Ruslan and Lyudmila)
Xenia (Boris Godunov)
Prilepa (The Queen of Spades)
Angel (The Maid of Orleans)
Iolanta (Iolanta, chamber version)
Francesca (Rachmaninoff’s Francesca da Rimini, concert performance)
Sirin (The Legend of the Invisible City of Kitezh and the Maiden Fevroniya)
Ninette (The Love for Three Oranges)
Natasha Rostova (War and Peace)
Ilia (Idomeneo, re di Creta)
Elvira (L’italiana in Algeri, concert performance)
Norina (Don Pasquale)
First Lay Sister (Suor Angelica)
Lauretta (Gianni Schicchi)
Has taken part in the premiere of a new Mariinsky Theatre production of The Legend of the Invisible City of Kitezh and the Maiden Fevroniya (2022, new revision of the 1994 production).
Repertoire also includes the roles of Rosina (Rossini’s Il barbiere di Siviglia) and Lyudmila (Ruslan and Lyudmila).
Information for January 2023