• People's Artist of Russia
• State Prize of the Russian Federation (2001, 2003)
• 1st Prize at the Moscow International Ballet Competition (1997), 2nd Prize at the Osaka International Ballet Competition (1995)
• Recipient of Soul of Dance award from the Ballet Magazine (nominated as The Rising Star, 1995), Peter van der Sloot personal prize ‘For Confirmation of Russian Classical Ballet Traditions’ (1997), Dancer of the Year award from La Sylphide Russian National Dance Society (1997), Benois de la Danse International award (1999), Golden mask Russian National Award (1999, 2000, 2003), Triumph award (2003), Dancer of the Year by the Italian DANZA & DANZA magazine (2003), Mayor of Moscow Prize in Literature and Arts ( 2000), award from Faces magazine (2004), International Peace Prize from United Cultural Convention ‘For outstanding personal achievements to the benefit of the global community’ (2006), Petropolis Prize (2014)
• Order of Honour of the Republic of Georgia (2003)
• Chevalier de l'Ordre des Arts et des Lettres de la République Française (2006)
• People's Artist of North Osetia – Alania Republic
Nikolai Tsiskaridze was born in Tbilisi, Georgia. In 1984 he entered the Tbilisi Ballet School and in 1987 continued his studies at the Moscow Ballet School under prof. Pyotr Pestov. From 1992 to 2013 Mr. Tsiskaridze was a member of the Bolshoi Theatre ballet company (promoted soloist in 1995) where he worked with Galina Ulanova, Marina Semyonova, Nikolai Simachyov and Nikolai Fadeechyev. In 2005 – 2013 the dancer was a ballet master at the Bolshoi Theatre and led advanced training courses.
In 1996 he graduated from the Moscow Choreographic Institute (now Moscow State Academy of Choreography) as a ballet master. In 2014 he earned the Master of Law degree at Kutafin Moscow State Law University.
Since 2004 Mr. Tsiskaridze has hosted the program Masterpieces of World Music Theater at Russia Culture TV channel.
In 2013, he was appointed Acting Principal with the Vaganova Academy of Russian Ballet in Saint Petersburg, and in 2014 he was elected Principal by the Academy General Meeting. Within the Academy, he teaches at the Department of methods of teaching classical and duet dance and chairs of the Academic Council.
Since 2011 Nikolai Tsiskaridze has been a member of the Russian President´s Council for Culture and Arts.