• Prize-winner at the All-Russian Alexander Pirogov Competition (1st prize, Ryazan, 2006)
• Recipient of the Hope prize at the International Mikhail Glinka International Competition (Chelyabinsk, 2006)
• Recipient of the Best Debut prize at the International Elena Obraztsova Young Opera Singers’ Competition (St Petersburg, 2007)
• Prize-winner at the International Rimsky-Korsakov Opera Singers’ Competition (St Petersburg, 2009)
• Diploma-recipient at the Competizione dell’Opera International Opera Competition (Dresded, 2010)
Born in St Petersburg.
St Petersburg. Graduated from the Rimsky-Korsakov College of Music (piano and vocals) and vocal faculty of the St Petersburg State Rimsky-Korsakov Conservatoire (class of Grayr Khanedanian).
In 2008 she made her debut at the Novosibirsk State Academic Opera and Ballet Theatre in the title role of Georges Bizet’s opera Carmen. At the Novosibirsk Opera she has also performed the roles of Polina and Milovzor in The Queen of Spadesand Siébel in Faust.
Since 2010 she has been a soloist with the Mariinsky Academy of Young Singers.
In 2011 Irina made her debut at the Latvian National Opera as Olga (Eugene Onegin) and at the Crescendo festival (Artistic Director – Denis Matsuev). The same year, she appeared at the Kennedy Center (Washington) with the Ural Philharmonic Orchestra under Dmitry Liss.
In 2013 she appeared in a series of concerts as part of a tour of Europe by the Mariinsky Academy of Young Opera Singers to such venues as the Grand Opéra of Geneva, Wigmore Hall (London), the Opéra National de Bordeaux, the Serate musicali (Milan), Auditorium St-Pierre-des-Cuisines (Toulouse), Prinz-Regenten-Theater (Munich) and the Brucknerhaus (Linz).
Repertoire at the Mariinsky Theatre includes:
Olga (Eugene Onegin)
Polina, Milovzor (The Queen of Spades)
Bonny Spring (The Snow Maiden)
Olesnitsky (Pan Voyevoda in concert)
Zhenya Komelkova, Rita Osianina (The Dawns Here Are Quiet in concert)
Nicolette, Princess Clarice (The Love for Three Oranges)
Cherubino (Le nozze di Figaro)
Sesto (La clemenza di Tito in concert)
Dorabella (Così fan tutte)
Angelina (La Cenerentola in concert)
Isabella (L'Italiana in Algeri in concert)
Flora Bervoix (La traviata)
Composer (Ariadne auf Naxos)
Ascanio (Benvenuto Cellini)
Garcias (Don Quichotte)
Nicklausse (Les Contes d’Hoffmann)
Her repertoire also includes: Lyubasha (The Tsar’s Bride), Joan (The Maid of Orleans), Carmen (Carmen) and Dido (Dido and Aeneas).
Has toured to South Korea and the USA. Frequently takes part in music festivals in Russia and abroad.