Mariinsky Theatre Guest Soloist
• Prize-winner at the International Glinka Competition of Vocalists (Moscow, 2014; 2nd prize and prize for the best performance of a romance by Rachmaninoff)
• Prize-winner at the International Elena Obraztsova Competition of Young Opera Singers (St Petersburg, 2015; 2nd prize)
• Prize-winner at the International Rimsky-Korsakov Young Opera Singers’ Competition (Tikhvin, 2016; 2nd prize)
• Prize-winner at the International Angelo Loforese Competition (Milan, 2017; 3rd prize)
• Prize-winner at the International Sobinov Vocalists’ Competition (Yaroslavl, 2018; 1st prize)
• Recipient of the prize of the Academy of Music of Chigi (Siena, 2018; Gold Star)
• Prize-winner at the International Éva Marton Singing Competition (Budapest, 2018; 1st prize)
Badral Chuluunbaatar studied vocals at the Mongolian College of Music and Dance in Ulan-Bator and subsequently at the Gnessin Russian Academy of Music (receiving his bachelor’s degree in 2016 and his master’s in 2018).
Has lived and worked in Italy since 2017.
In 2019 he made his debut at the Arena di Verona Festival in the operas Aida (Amonasro) and La traviata (Giorgio Germont), at the Teatro Massimo di Palermo in La traviata and at the Teatro Petruzzelli in Bari in Cavalleria rusticana (Alfio) at the Mariinsky Theatre.
In November 2020 he makes his debut in Deutsche Oper Berlin.
Repertoire at the Mariinsky Theatre:
Giorgio Germont (La traviata)
Information for February 2020