• Recipient of the Grand Prix at the All-Ukrainian New Names Competition (Kiev, 2006)
• Recipient of the Grand Prix at the ХI International Festival and Competition Balaton-Youth-Art (Hungary, 2011)
• Recipient of the 1st prize at the Spring of Romance competition (St Petersburg, 2012)
• Diploma-recipient at the I All-Russian Shebalin Young Vocalists’ Competition (Omsk, 2012)
• Recipient of the 2nd prize and diploma “For the Best Performance of a work from the repertoire of Maxim Mikhailov” at the III International Mikhailov Competition (Kaluga, 2013)
• Recipient of the 1st prize at the I International Young Opera Singers’ Competition Opera without Borders (Krasnodar, 2014)
Yuri Yevchuk was born in Budapest (Hungary).
In 2004 he graduated from the Chernovtsy Vorobkevich School of Music (vocals faculty), while in 2009 he graduated from the vocals faculty of the National Tchaikovsky Academy of Music of Ukraine.
From 2008-2011 he was a soloist with the Kiev Academic Opera and Ballet Theatre for Children and Youth.
Since 2011 he has been a soloist with the Mariinsky Academy of Young Opera Singers.
Repertoire at the Mariinsky Theatre includes:
Cherevik (Sorochintsy Fair)
Bomelius (The Maid of Pskov)
Cardinal Lorenzo Montanelli (The Gadfly in concert)
Frol Baev (Into the Storm in concert)
Maestro Spinelloccio (Gianni Schicchi)
and Cockneys, Professor Higgins’ Butler (My Fair Lady)
Second Philistine (Samson et Dalila).
Repertoire also includes:
Varlaam, Pimen (Boris Godunov), Old Gypsy (Aleko), Prince Gremin (Eugene Onegin), Chub (Christmas Eve), the Viking Merchant (Sadko) and King René (Iolanta).
Frequently performs in recital.
Has taken part in the festival Larisa Gergieva and Guests (2012, 2013).
Has toured to France, Poland, Switzerland, Finland, Israel, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Estonia and China.