• Prize-winner at the VI All-Russian Nadezhda Obukhova Competition (1st prize, Lipetsk, 2012)
• Prize-winner and recipient of the special prize at the I and II International Young Opera Singers’ Competition Opera without Borders (Krasnodar, 2014, 2015)
• Prize-winner at the International Competition in Kohtla-Järve (Estonia, 2009)
• Prize-winner at the Maxim Mikhailov International Opera Singers’ Competition (Kaluga, 2013)
• Grant-recipient of the Mstislav Rostropovich Foundation (2011-2012)
Born in Leningrad. In 2007 he graduated with honours from the Glinka Choral School. In 2012 he graduated from the choral and conducting faculty of the St Petersburg State Rimsky-Korsakov Conservatoire, while in 2013 he graduated from the vocals faculty there (class of Professor Yuri Marusin).
Has toured to Italy, Great Britain, Austria, Switzerland, France and Germany.
Became a soloist of the Mariinsky Academy of Young Singers in 2012.
In October 2017 Ilya made his Bolshoi Theatre debut as Prince Myshkin in Weinberg’s The Idiot.
He joined the Bolshoi Opera Company as soloist in the 2018/19 season.
Repertoire at the Mariinsky Theatre:
Lensky (Eugene Onegin)
Vladimir Dubrovsky (Dubrovsky in concert)
Tsarevich Guidon (The Golden Cockerel)
Tsarevich Guidon (The Tale of Tsar Saltan)
Gritsko (Sorochintsy Fair)
Levko (May Night)
Anatol Kuragin (War and Peace)
Prince (The Love for three oranges)
Prince Myshkin (The Idiot)
Kai (The Story of Kai and Gerda)
Lucentio (The Taming of the Shrew in concert)
Mishka (Not Love Alone)
Count Almaviva (Il barbiere di Siviglia)
Tebaldo (I Capuleti e i Montecchi in concert)
Alfredo (La traviata)
Prince Alexis (Siberia in concert)
Prince (Rusalka by Antonín Dvořák)
Repertoire includes: Vaudémont (Iolanta), the Prince (Respighi’s La bella dormente nel bosco) and Rinuccio (Gianni Schicchi).