• Prize-winner at the IX International Vocals and Piano Duet Competition Three Centuries of Classical Romance (St Petersburg, 2018, 3rd prize)
• Prize-winner at the XLVI All-Russian Competition of Vocalist Graduates of Higher Music Institutions (St Petersburg, 2018)
• Prize-winner at the IX International Rimsky-Korsakov Young Opera Singers' Competition (Tikhvin, 2015, 3rd prize)
• Prize-winner at the IV International Elena Obraztsova Young Vocalists' Competition (St Petersburg, 2012, 1st prize)
• Prize-winner at the III International Shtokolov Competition (St Petersburg, 2012, 2nd prize)
Andrei Maksimov was born in Petrozavodsk in 1995. From 2007–2012 he sang in the Children's Chorus of St Petersburg TV and Radio. He studied music at the St Petersburg Rimsky-Korsakov School of Music and the St Petersburg State Rimsky-Korsakov Conservatory (graduating in 2018, class of Sergei Alexashkin).
In 2012 he joined the Mariinsky Academy of Young Opera Singers.
In 2019 he took part in the Alberto Zedda Russian Academy at the composer's festival in Pesaro, where he continued his studies under Ernesto Palacio. As part of a summer school he took part in master-classes conducted by Juan Diego Flórez and appeared in the festival's production of the opera Il viaggio a Reims (the role of Baron Trombonok).
Has trained at the Teatro Comunale in Modena (Italy), where he attended master-classes with Mariella Devia, Nicola Martinucci, Leone Magiera and Michele Pertusi.
Recipient of the special Rossini Prize at the International Giulio Neri Opera Competition (Torrita di Siena, 2019).
Repertoire at the Mariinsky Theatre includes:
Fiorello (Il barbiere di Siviglia),
the Flemish Deputy (Don Carlo),
Police Chief (Dubrovsky, concert performance),
a Caretaker, a Gentleman, a Policeman (The Nose),
Abraham (The Newlyweds)
and Nikolasha (The Speculator, concert performance).
Takes part in children's performances at the Prokofiev Hall, among them The Giant, An Opera about Porridge, a Cat and Milk, Scenes from the Life of Nikolenka Irtenev, The Boy Giant, The Treasures of the Magic Well, The Little Prince and Adalmina's Pearl.
Regular participant in chamber vocal evenings of the Academy of Young Opera Singers. As part of the concert subscription dedicated to St Petersburg composers he has performed the cycles Songs of Béranger by Yuri Falik, Soul and Body by Boris Arapov and Biblical Motifs by Grigory Korchmar.
At the St Petersburg Conservatory's Opera and Ballet Theatre he has performed the roles of Onegin (Eugene Onegin), Robert (Iolanta), Ferdinand (Betrothal in a Monastery), Guglielmo (Così fan tutte), Fiorello (Il barbiere di Siviglia) and the baritone roles in Rossini's Petite messe solennelle and Orff's cantata Carmina Burana.
Official site: www.andreimaksimov.com