• Prize-winner at the International Tenor Competition José Carreras Grand Prix (Moscow, 2018, 1st prize and the audience prize)
• Prize-winner at the International Georg Ots Competition (St Petersburg, 2018, 3rd prize)
• Prize-winner at the VI International Boris Shtokolov Vocalists’ Competition (St Petersburg, 2018, 1st prize)
• Prize-winner at the V International Pavel Lisitsian Competition (Vladikavkaz, 2017, 1st prize)
• Prize-winner at the XI Elena Obraztsova International Competition of Young Opera Singers (St Petersburg, 2017, 2nd prize and special prize for the best performance of a Rachmaninoff’s romance)
• Prize-winner at the IV International Pavel Lisitsian Competition (Vladikavkaz, 2016, 3rd prize)
Shota Chibirov graduated from the vocals department of the Vladikavkaz Gergiev College of Arts (2009, class of Nelli Khestanova) and the St Petersburg State Rimsky-Korsakov Conservatoire (2014, class of Professor Anatoly Kiselyov).
In 2015, he was accepted into the Mariinsky Academy of Young Opera Singers. Studies in the class of Grayr Khanedanian.
Repertoire at the Mariinsky Theatre includes:
Bomelius (The Tsar’s Bride)
Yeroshka (Prince Igor)
Shabby Peasant (Lady Macbeth of Mtsensk)
A Respected Colonel (The Nose)
Fyodor, Adjutant to General Compans (War and Peace)
Kai (The Story of Kai and Gerda)
The Knife-Grinder (The Idiot)
Monostatos (Die Zauberflöte)
Brabantian Nobleman (Lohengrin)
First Jew (Salome)
Appeared in the concert performances of La rondine (Ruggero), Anna Bolena (Riccardo Percy), La sonnambula (A Notary). Regularly appears in chamber music concerts and in productions for children.