• People’s Artist of Russia (2005).
• Recipient of the State Prize of Russia (1999).
• Prize-winner at the International Vaganova-Prix Competition (St Petersburg, 1991).
• Recipient of the following prizes: Golden Sofit (1995), Divine together with the accolade Best Ballerina (1996), Golden Mask (1997), Benois de la danse (1997), Baltika (1997 and 2001: the Grand-Prix for promoting the worldwide fame of the Mariinsky Theatre), Evening Standard (1998), Monaco World Dance Awards (2001), Triumph (2004).
• In 1998 she was awarded the honorary title of “Artiste of Her Imperial Majesty, the Stage of Sovereign Russia” and the medal Mankind-Creator.
Born in Kerch (Ukraine).
Graduated from the Vaganova Academy of Russian Ballet (class of Professor Natalya Dudinskaya).
Joined the Mariinsky Theatre in 1991.
Principal since 1995.
Repertoire at the Mariinsky Theatre:
Giselle (Myrtha, Giselle);
Le Corsaire (Medora);
La Bayadère (Nikia) – Vakhtang Chabukiani’s version;
Grand pas from the ballet Paquita (Soloist);
The Sleeping Beauty (Lilac Fairy) – Konstantin Sergeyev’s version;
Swan Lake (Odette-Odile);
Raymonda (Raymonda, Clemance);
The Swan, Schéhérazade (Zobeide) – choreography by Michel Fokine;
The Fountain of Bakhchisarai (Zarema);
The Legend of Love (Mekhmeneh-Bahnu);
Leningrad Symphony (Girl);
Pas de quatre (Marie Taglioni) – choreography by Anton Dolin,
Carmen-Suite (Carmen) – choreography by Alberto Alonso,
Serenade, Symphony in C (Second Movement, Adagio), Jewels (Diamonds), Piano Concerto No 2 (Ballet Imperial), Theme and Variations, La Valse, Scotch Symphony – choreography by George Balanchine;
In the Night (Part III) – choreography by Jerome Robbins;
Le Jeune Homme et la Mort – choreography by Roland Petit;
Goya Divertissement (Death) – choreography by José Antonio;
The Nutcracker (The Master and the Pupil extract) – choreography by John Neumeier;
Le Baiser de la Fée (Fairy), Le Poème de l’extase, Anna Karenina (Anna Karenina) – choreography by Alexei Ratmansky;
In the Middle, Somewhat Elevated – choreography by William Forsythe;
Trois Gnossienes – choreography by Hans van Manen;
Tango – choreography by Nikolai Androsov;
Grand pas de deux – choreography by Chirsian Spuk.
She was the first interpreter of one of the two solo roles in John Neumeier’s ballet Sounds of Empty Pages (2001).
Has toured with the Mariinsky Ballet Company to Europe, America and Asia.